We currently have available vacancies.
Please be aware that applications for this post will only be considered if the Online Application Form has been completed.
Burconix Ltd is a small company located in Central Nottingham. We provide nationwide support to small business and educational establishments. Built on reputation, we are looking to expand our on-site engineering operations to meet an increased demand and enable us to continue to provide the high quality support our customers expect.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with technical experience of Microsoft Windows Networks. An ideal candidate would have previous experience working in an IT support role within a school or college.
The role will involve regularly visiting customer sites located throughout the UK, as well as time spent in the office learning new skills and providing customer support.
As part of a developing business, this position offers the opportunity to become an integral part of the company's operations and help build on our growing reputation.
|Job Title:||Network Engineer|
|Salary:||Dependent on experience|
|Office hours:||9:00am to 5:00pm with 1 hours lunch Monday-Friday|
|Holiday:||20 days PA bookable plus Bank Holidays|
|Closing Date:||Friday 15th February 2013 at 20:00|
- Minimum of 2 years Relevant Technical ICT Experience is essential
- Experience in Installing and Maintaining a Server 2003/2008R2 Domain Environment
- Experience of creating and deploying Group Policy Configurations
- Experience of using custom scripts/batch files/vbs files to solve problems
- 5x GCSE with A-C including English Language and Maths
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Flexible to travel to remote customer sites for 9:00am
- Easily commute to our central Nottingham office location
- Identify application compatibility issues.
- Maintain hardware and software on servers.
- Install and set configuration options for equipment such as switches and routers.
- Recommend software, hardware and best working practices.
- Plan and implement changes to elements of the ICT service.
- Document systems and procedures.
- Has the ability to work as part of a team but also is able to work independently, to show initiative and to manage their
- Has the ability to build a relationship with both suppliers and customers.
- Is able to actively maintain and extend expertise in appropriate areas including reading published materials about the use of
- Can understand the roles and function of network services and protocols such as DNS, DHCP and IP and is aware of the
ways in which installed applications can conflict.
- Can understand disk space, print quota management utilities and access rights.
- Is able to continually provide a high quality support to customers.
- A number of our clients are educational establishments, therefore a CRB check will be carried out before any employment
- Access to your own car that is suitable for business use would be looked upon favourably, but is not essential.
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted online via our Job Application Form on the website.
|Online Application Form|
Rehearsal Resources provides carefully selected pieces of music have been arranged for instrumental groups.