BCX Network Monitoring
A well designed monitoring system will need to work even if the IT system isn't. We believe the best approach is a separate appliance that does not rely on the same in-house services it is tasked with monitoring.
The BCX Network Monitoring system uses a pre-configured 1U rack mount appliance to communicate with your on-prem devices and report back to our central cloud monitoring service using your existing internet connection. If communication is lost at any time, you will be notified automatically.
Our system keeps an eye on the core aspects of your network in real time, alerting you to events that might need urgent attention. The system can be customised to your configuration, with the standard setup including the ability to monitor the following systems:
- UPS and Power Protection - UPS runtime status including load, battery and self-diagnostic status.
- SAN and Network Storage - All aspects of the storage hardware and volume availability.
- Physical and Virtual Servers - All aspects of the server's physical hardware sensors. Windows availability and metrics including processor, memory, network and disk utilization, as well as monitoring the running status of core windows services.
- Core and Edge Switch Devices - Core switch traffic utilization and warnings if a core link goes down. On edge switch devices we monitor the hardware status and availability.
- Firewalls and Routers - Traffic utilization, as well as service availability and interface link status.
- Wireless Access Points, CCTV, IP Phones - Service availability and ping response times.
- Web Services and SSL Certificates - SSL certificates and other web service availability including HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP and TCP Port 443. This can be monitored from within your network, or from a remote location based in Nottingham.
- Printers and consumable levels - Status and toner levels.
Further details on the service level priorities and actions, as well as firewall and bandwidth requirements can be found in the FAQ.